Saturday, January 5, 2013

Taking Steps

My obsessive behaviors are bankrupt, and have bankrupted my work, body, mind and relationships.  Some people have given up on me, but thankfully most await the return of a reliable and solvent me.  I await and expect the return of a sober me.

I have overcome much already since leaving an oppressive and abusive childhood life. I have overcome clinical Depression, Anxiety Disorder, have come out to my friends and family in a caring and responsible way, graduated despite untreated anxiety and ADD, and in the last few years have won the battle to gain treatment for ADD, despite my periods where I had no health insurance, and there being a frequent lack of supply for the medication.  I have also overcome my fear of paying bills/managing finances and I have a totally transformed view and behavior regarding them.  I ended an abusive relationship, as well as unhealthy living conditions.  I have gone through all these transformations and am now leagues beyond the fearful, hopeless, resentful person that left my Hoosier farmland home in 1998.

Surely this is evidence of my winning character, in addition to my good habits of self-improvement and learning.

Herewith, I present to myself the evidence of my true successful nature, and the foundation for overcoming this last great mental challenge.


In the midst of the economy of 2008,

Despite others not knowing how to help, or those who were decidedly unhelpful.

I have one

There are those who stand by my difficult side, despite my lack of reliability.
I have noticed that many people desire constancy rather than a cornucopia of generosity, love, and "brilliance of relationship."  wonder/ magic/joy/discovery

But I do have constancy, but it's a type of constancy not many people understand, enjoy, or appreciate.



Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: