Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I love Julia Child SO MUCH.

“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit.” What would she have done if she hadn’t gone into cooking? “I would have married a Republican banker and become an alcoholic.” Told by Margrit Mondavi at Taste3 2006. “I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate.” Unsourced “Why languish as a giantess when it is so much fun to be a myth?” From Appetite for Life, a biography of Child. “If you’re afraid of butter, just use cream.” From one of her TV shows, relayed by one of its producers. “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” From the memoir Backstage with Julia: My Years with Julia Child. When asked if she knew her cholesterol level, she said, “Medium.” Unsourced. “Being tall is an advantage, especially in business. People will always remember you. And if you’re in a crowd, you’ll always have some clean air to breathe.” From Appetite for Life. When a sommelier asked her to name her favorite wine, she replied, “Gin.” Told by a friend at a public memorial after her death.

No comments: