Thursday, August 13, 2020

Gratitude Challenge Day 3: Favorite Sounds

5 min gratitude journaling challenge, day 3/30. Today’s prompt is Favorite Sound: 
Most of the sounds that came to mind today are calming and soothing.  Other days they are pulsing and exciting.  At certain times I need to hear and feel certain things.          

I notice that for some reason I feel very grounded by sounds that remind me of my place in the universe: 
My small, fleeting existence seems paradoxically significant because how rare and special it is to observe, comprehend, feel and reflect on the infinite.  These moments feel electric and tingling, ominous, and calming all at once.  The mix of emotion echoes the juxtapositions of vastness and smallness, infinite and finite. The universe and me.

Today I thought of the sound of waves against my canoe or boat hull.  The voice of my first love.  The beating whoosh of large wings both felt and heard - an eagle, a goose, an owl, a vulture.  The echo of a loon and the call of a mourning dove, spring peeper frogs, katydids, gentle rain on my tent or window, wind quaking the leaves, thunder, the crash of waves and the howling wind at night.  The hush after a deep snow.


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: